Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Few Words

So I'm a painter, living and working in Brooklyn since 1991. There are links to more work on the right. A few years ago I started this blog just to take part in Countdown to Halloween. Since I work with imagery from B movies in the public domain, sometimes I post work here that I've already made that fits the seasonal bill. But it's more fun to post work that I make specifically to share here, as with most of what I'm posting this year. It takes me back to my days as a kid in Toledo, watching Detroit monster movie host Sir Graves Ghastly in the basement, drawing epic monster battles on reams and reams of newsprint paper. I work mostly in the same style I use for my paintings, smudged and scraped and painterly, and sometimes I use random pictures from movies, sometimes I pick them more carefully. Generally I like the quiet moments, and the weird, and the funny. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy what you see here. Happy Halloween....

No comments:

Post a Comment